Do you often struggle to sleep at night? Tossing and turning in bed can be quite a frustrating experience.
Like exercise and eating habits, sleep is such an important part of our lives and it helps our bodies stay in top shape. It plays an important role in brain performance, immune system, and even heart health.
Under normal circumstances, you should be able to sleep in about fifteen to twenty minutes after your head hits the pillow. If you often find yourself struggling with going to sleep, take it as a symptom that there is something wrong. It is important to understand the reason why you’re having difficulties with sleeping. Are you stressed out? Is there something bothering you too much? Do you think you might be experiencing hormone imbalance? It’s important to understand the root of the problem if you want to be able to sleep better.
Essential Oils For Sleep
Scents are extremely powerful. According to experts, there is a strong link between scent and the parts of the brain in charge of memory and emotions. This is why a whiff of your mother’s favorite perfume can transform you back to your childhood or the scent of a newborn makes you remember the days when you were a young mother.
In the same manner, scents can evoke certain emotions from you. The right combination can help your body relax and stay that way even if the scent is already gone.
Here’s where essential oils can help.
There are quite a number of essential oils that can help improve your sleep. The important thing is to choose one (or a combination) that really helps your body. You can try exploring the different kinds and see what are the effects. Here are some of the essential oils you can try out:
- Lavender - Of course, lavender is on top of the list. It is one of the most popular essential oils for helping with sleep problems. It can help you sleep better and wake up more energetic.
- Blue Tansy - Blue tansy is not as popular as other oils, but it can help you stay calm and tranquil, especially when there are stressful thoughts bothering you. It has a captivating scent that can help trigger positive feelings. Plus, it can help you get smoother and better skin.
- Ylang-Ylang - Ylang-ylang has a light and flowery aroma that can help you relax and contribute to better sleep.
- Orange - Orange can ease your mind when you have trouble sleeping. It is also used for relaxation purposes.
- Cedarwood - Cedarwood has a woodsy scent that can help you feel more calm and relaxed.
Try Essential Oils And Bath Soaks For Better Sleep
One way to enjoy the benefits of essential oils is through a long and relaxing Epsom salt bath. Made from magnesium and sulfate, Epsom salt itself can also contribute in improving your sleep by soothing away stress and tension.
Our Epsom salt blends are enhanced with 100% pure essential oils to help you enjoy maximum aromatherapy benefits. We have a Sleep Bath Soak with blue tansy, ylang-ylang, and orange essential oils. Another blend you can try is our Deep Relaxation Bath Soak with lavender essential oil.
Enjoy your good night’s rest!