2010s — the decade of self-care — has seen a huge rise in home spa enthusiasts. People started valuing nights at home over nights out, remote work over in-office jobs, and long hours at the gym over long hours at a desk. With this came an increase in self-care rituals, one of them being foot soaks.
The Benefits of Foot Soaks
Today, foot soaks are commonly used in wellness centers and spas. But with more retail brands offering them in pouches, they are a popular choice for self-care enthusiasts building their own home spas.
Foot soaks have become popular because they are a great way to relax and de-stress. When used with warm water, they give mood-boosting effects. Including a gentle massage also offers relaxation and stress relief. Soaking your feet in 15-20 minutes is enough to soothe tired feet and feel relaxed after a long day.
We offer foot soaks of different aromas over at Better Bath Better Body. Our Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak is made of pure essential oils. The aromatherapy you will get from it can help you prepare for a good night’s sleep.
Tips for getting the most out of a foot soak:
- Use warm water: The water should be warm but not too hot. Too hot of water can be bad for the skin.
- Add epsom salts: Epsom salts are a natural mineral that can help to relax the muscles and relieve you from stress. We at Better Bath Better Body offer foot soaks made with USP Grade epsom salt. Our Detox Foot Soak is one of the many products we have. Transport yourself to the islands in the Meditteranean where lavender fields are found.
- Add essential oils: Essential oils can be added to foot soaks to add aromatherapy benefits. Some good essential oils for foot soaks include lavender, chamomile, and peppermint. Our foot soaks at Better Bath Better Body have no artificial fragrances and are made only with pure essential oils.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes: A foot soak should last for 15-20 minutes. This is enough time to reap the benefits of the soak without overdoing it.
- Dry your feet thoroughly: After the soak, dry your feet thoroughly. This will help to prevent the skin from drying out.