Do you often have trouble sleeping at night? Do you waste precious time tossing and turning in bed? There is no magic formula that can help you sleep better, but you can make adjustments in your current sleeping routine to see some improvement..
Have you ever heard of sleep hygiene? In a nutshell, it refers to a routine or a series of habits that can help you fall and stay asleep through the night. It is important because it will help you stay alert in the daytime and improve your health and quality of life.
Here’s what you need to know about sleep hygiene and what you can do to solve your bedtime problems.
What Is Sleep Hygiene?
Many factors can affect your sleep hygiene, such as what you eat, any medication you’re taking, your level of physical activity, and how you spend your day. All these factors contribute to the quality of your sleep. No matter your age, you should make a conscious effort to improve your sleep hygiene however you can.
It all starts with being more conscious about the choices and practices that can help you sleep better. Don’t worry because even simple lifestyle tweaks can have a positive impact on your sleep.
What Can I Do To Improve My Sleep Hygiene?
You have to establish better habits that will allow you to sleep more soundly. Here are several quick tips that might help you.
- Make a conscious effort to establish a sleeping routine that you are comfortable with. Train your body to follow a consistent sleeping schedule.
- Don’t nap too much. Limit your nap time to twenty or thirty minutes during the day.
- During daytime, go outside to expose yourself to natural light. During nighttime, avoid bright lights.
- Stay away from heavy meals, sugar, and caffeine right before bedtime. It’s best to refrain from drinking alcohol, too.
- Avoid using gadgets in the evening. Don’t make it a habit to use your phone when you’re already in bed.
- Exercise regularly. Simply walking or jogging can help improve sleep. However, avoid exercising when it’s almost bedtime because it will likely get you all pumped up.
Wind Down Before Bed With Better Bath Better Body
A relaxing Epsom salt muscle soak about two hours before bedtime can improve the quality of your sleep. Made from magnesium and sulfate, Epsom salt is an all-natural remedy that can ease your mind, body, and senses.
Better Bath Better Body’s Epsom salt products are enhanced with 100% pure essential oils. We have a Sleepy Time Bath Soak with blue tansy essential oil to calm you, ylang-ylang essential oil to relax you, and orange essential oil to help inspire sweet dreams. Just add one to two cups to help you have a soothing experience in the tub. A twenty-minute bath at least two to three times a week can make a huge difference in your overall well-being.
Want to order some Epsom salt online? Check out our available blends here.