Balneotherapy is the art of water therapy. There isn’t much that is as soothing and relaxing as being able to leisurely soak in a hot bath. As you find yourself cradled by the warm water, you can instantly feel relief from the constant pull of gravity, your mind refreshed, and the weight of the world lifted momentarily. Throw in a few drops of essential oils or bath salts and you can easily approach nirvana.
Water is one of nature’s most effective and greatest solvents. It acts as a liquid suspension and may carry a variety of minerals depending on where the water is coming from. Thanks to essential oils, bath salts, and bath bombs, you can get even more from your bath time experience. Bath salts help to mineralize the water and draw the toxins right out of your body. Essential oils all your mind to find peace and rejuvenation.
Here are just a few ways that Balneotherapy can benefit you.
- Bathing in hot water or hot springs gradually increases the temperature of the body and thus kills several harmful germs and viruses.
- Bathing in hot water helps to increase the flow of oxygen-rich blood throughout your body which brings better nourishment to vital organs.
- By adding bath salts with traces of minerals such as sulfur, calcium, and magnesium, your body is able to absorb them and enjoy a wonderful healing effect to several body organs and systems. These effects may include the stimulation of the immune system, physical and mental relaxation, the production of endorphins, and normalized gland functions.
- Repeated use of bath time can aid in normalizing the functions of the endocrine glands as well as the functioning of your body’s nervous system. Not only that, but it can ease stress and better your quality of sleep as well.
- Direct application of mineralized thermal waters, especially those containing sulfur, has a therapeutic effect on diseases of the skin including dermatitis, psoriasis, and fungal infections. Some mineral waters are also great for healing wounds and other skin injuries.
- Bathing in hot water, especially with a few essential oils and bath salts added in, can to wonders for aiding in pain relief. From back pain to menstrual cramps, you can easily feel your body relax.
Don’t hesitate to create your own perfect spa experience! With just a few essential oils, bath salts, and a tub of hot water, you are in for a wonderful and relaxing day in the tub. Experiment with two to three drops of several different or complementary oils or with different bath salts to mineralize the water. You can even add oatmeal or honey to soothe the skin. Find your own perfect bath time formula so you can get the most of your experience.