According to the American Institute of Stress, the average adult in the United States is in dire need of some good old-fashioned relaxation. In polls conducted in February of 2022, it was found that nearly every adult in the US was experiencing some sort of daily stress on any given day.
What Are We Stressed About?
The American Institute of Stress poll and follow-up poll conducted by the American Psychological Association dug deep into just what was causing stress in American adults in 2022. Some of the interesting findings include:
- 81% of Americans were stressed by recent supply chain issues impacting their daily lives
- 87% of Americans were stressed by recent changes in inflation and living costs, up from 59% in August of 2021
- 65% of Americans were stressed by the economy in general
- 70% of parents are feeling stressed about their children’s academic, social, and emotional development
The poll has found that general stress has gone up dramatically in the last two years, and that American adults are having trouble handling this stress in a healthy and effective way. 25% of the individuals polled admitted to drinking more alcohol to cope with the stresses they’ve been feeling in recent years.
Baths And Relaxation
The best way to combat stress is through healthy, sustainable, and effective relaxation. When relaxed, individuals can better think up solutions to the factors causing them stress, since it gives their mind and body a chance to release that which ails it. A warm bath is a proven method for creating an accessible relaxing environment, and a warm bath with epsom salts and all-natural essential oils is even better.
Time in the bath is time for mindfulness. It’s time that people can use to simply observe what is going on in their mind and body. Through this mindfulness practice, some stressed individuals can begin to see how their stress is creating a cycle. A person goes through a stressful situation, they begin to stress about the stress of it all, and then that stress causes them to be less effective at addressing the situation that started it all in the first place. With regular mindfulness, it’s easier to catch that sort of thinking pattern, and to learn how to stop it before it continues to spiral.
While in the bath, simply observe your thoughts without stopping or interfering with them, and you’ll begin to see how your stress cycle adds to your inability to get the release you really need. This is a freeing practice that can cause baths to become valuable transformational experiences whenever you need them the most.
Warm baths are also naturally soothing, providing comfort when a little comfort feels most welcome. With the inclusion of epsom salts and all-natural aromatherapy, the experience is amplified.
Using The Best Bath Salts For Relaxing
If relaxation is your bath time goal, what you put into your bath matters. The bath salts for relaxation that will put relaxing focus into your bath include:
- Deep Relaxation – One of the most popular bath salt blends for relaxation is none other than Deep Relaxation. This blend is simple, comprised of just USP grade epsom salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, Vitamin E oil, Vitamin C crystals, and all-natural lavender essential oil. Lavender is an aroma that has been used to boost feelings of relaxation and ease stress for thousands of years, and it’s one of the single most effective aromas for those looking to comfort in their bath. Herbal, fresh, and versatile, it’s a basic soak perfect for pre-bedtime baths.
- Stress Relief – The opposite of relaxation is stress, and Stress Relief is a blend that helps to soak away feelings of stress to replace them with feelings of freshness, clarity, comfort, and relaxation. This blend uses USP grade epsom salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E oil, and essential oils of eucalyptus and spearmint. If one is looking for feelings of relaxation and upliftment, Stress Relief is a key blend with aromatherapy that encourages both.
- Back Soothing – Back soothing is for soothing more than just the back. USP grade epsom salts and aromas provided by peppermint, grapefruit, lavender, and eucalyptus essential oils fill your bath with soothing feelings of relaxation and upliftment. Grapefruit gives the blend a bit of uplifting zest, peppermint and eucalyptus cool and soothe, and lavender provides herbal grounding to provide complete relaxation and refreshment.
- Ancient Secret – Warming, grounding, and relaxing, Ancient Secret is a decadent and complex bath salt blend. USP grade epsom salts are joined by Vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, fractionated MCT coconut oil, and essential oils of frankincense, sandalwood, peppermint, eucalyptus, and cedarwood for a well-rounded soak. Invoking the relaxing feelings one would experience when walking through the great outdoors, these are the same aromas Ancient Secret brings to your bath. Frankincense and sandalwood ground, eucalyptus and cedarwood bring freshness, and peppermint cools to provide a complete experience as the aromatherapy envelops and relaxes.
Prioritize Your Relaxation
Relaxation is important. It’s a way to ground and center yourself, helping you to better prepare to take on all challenges you may face in everyday life. Bath soaks that promote relaxation give you a bit of a reminder to make your own relaxation a priority, with a small treat you know you can turn to in order to clear away the stresses of your day. With relaxation tools like bath salt blends on your side, you know you always have comfort and calm just a soak away.