Better Bath Better Body bath soaks are perfect for warm baths. The temperature of the water helps in dissolving the salts more quickly, so we soak in lukewarm to warm-enough bath water with our favorite salts most of the time.
Here, we sum up for you the many benefits of warm baths and cold baths. You don’t have to feel that you should only go with one kind of bath. We just want you to enjoy your baths as much as we do! However, this is important: If you’re coping with certain medical conditions, it is best to consult your doctor about the bath temperature that's best for you.
If you’re pregnant or diabetic, or if you’re unsure if baths work well for your body, go ahead and ask your doctor about it. It’s always good to know what’s best for our body and learn them from professionals.
The Benefits of Warm Baths
- Warm baths help to prepare us for sleep – Living busy lives makes getting good rest tough. When we hold in tension and stress at the end of the day, the body isn’t quite able to release all of it when it’s time to let go and rest. The result? Tossing and turning, waking up in the night, and having a difficult time falling asleep. Taking a warm bath before bed can help. The warm bath works to relax and soothe the muscles and the mind, helping us to relieve all of the tension we’re carrying with us throughout the day. With this tension soothed, you may be better able to let go and truly relax when it comes time to tuck into bed.
- Warm baths help us to stick with our bath rituals. – It can be easy to lose sight of self-care, especially if you don’t like cold water. For people who don’t like soaking in cool water, soaking in warm baths offer a lot of relief. Self-care is important, and it should be prioritized like any other important event of the day. Taking regular warm baths allows us time to sit, think, and relax.
- Warm baths help us take care of out skin – The skin is the body’s largest organ, so we should take good care of it. Warm baths can help to soften, cleanse, and nourish the skin, leaving you feeling clean and refreshed. After the bath, make sure to pat dry with a soft towel to retain the skin benefits gained while in the bath.
- Aids in meditation - Meditation is a hot buzzword these days, and for good reason. It helps us to live in the moment while making it easier to release the tensions we hold throughout the day. A warm bath is a perfect soothing setting for breaking into mindful meditation. For those who have never meditated before, it may help make learning to meditate easier.
The Benefits Of A Cool Bath
While warm baths might be more popular than cool baths, turning down the temperature can have its benefits as well. Some of the benefits of taking a nice cool bath include:
- They feel great in the summer – Hot summer days can leave you feeling sticky, hot, and uncomfortable. Taking a hot shower or bath to wash off likely doesn’t sound too tempting when heat and humidity are beginning to become uncomfortable anyway. This is where a nice cool bath comes in handy; it can help you to refresh and cleanse without adding to any heat related discomfort. The feeling you get when you jump into a pool on a hot sunny day is much like the feeling you get in a cool bath after working up a sweat.
- Muscle soothing – After a hard workout in the gym or a nice long run, your muscles could be exhauste. A dip in a cool bath can help to soothe the body and comfort these muscles, leaving you feeling better and more rejuvenated. After a workout outdoors on a sunny day, a cool bath can be just the pick-me-up you’re looking for to keep the post-workout energy surging.
- Can boost your mood – When you take a dip in a cool pool or fresh water, you might feel a burst of uplifted mood, energy, and contentment. The same happens when you sink yourself into a nice cool bath! If you find yourself with a “case of the Mondays” on any day of the week, slipping into a nice cool bath could be just what your mood is asking for.
- Providing an energy boost - For those who like to take their baths in the morning, a cold bath can help to provide a near instant energy boost. In a 2006 study performed by the University of Auckland, it was found that taking cold baths helped to reduce weariness while sending more energy throughout the body. Not just for mornings, it’s also a great way to revive after a serious gym session.
Epsom Salt Soak Blends For Warm Baths
Better Bath Better Body bath soaks work best in warm bath water. We use premium essential oils that are perfect for warm baths and natural aromatherapy.
Our Stress Relief Bath Salt is an excellent example of a warm bath enhancer. This blend uses USP grade epsom salt infused with eucalyptus essential oil and spearmint essential oil to create an uplifting aromatherapy experience with warm baths.
For a warm bath, you might want to increase the comforting and warming benefits. For this type of bath, you may find that Ancient Secret bath soak is perfectly suited for your needs. Like Stress Relief, this salt blend is made with USP grade epsom salt. It is infused with pure essential oils from frankincense, sandalwood, peppermint, eucalyptus, and cedarwood. The frankincense, sandalwood, and cedarwood give the warm and grounding elements, while cool peppermint and eucalyptus work to balance out the blend and keep it perfectly centered.
While warm baths are our favorite, we understand why some bath lovers enjoy cool baths, too. Feel free to mix things up as you please.