There’s more than 20 muscles in the feet, and the average person walks around 1.5 to 2 miles per day. A good soak for the feet is a self-love ritual that gives back to a part of the body that physically carries us throughout our day.
Benefits Of Epsom Salt Foot Soak
An epsom salt soak for feet has a number of benefits. Some of these include:
- Relaxing – When stress is felt, it’s felt everywhere. Dipping your feet into an epsom salt soak is an excellent way to get a little much needed relaxation from the bottom up. The warm water and epsom salt work to melt away those stressful feelings, allowing you to bring yourself back to a calm, comfortable, and relaxed center.
- Gives you a little “me” time – Taking time out for ourselves can be difficult. Afterall, many feel as though they’re always being pulled in different directions, and they may feel a pang of guilt when they catch themselves sitting and doing nothing at all. It’s important to set out some time to let go and this is where an epsom soak for feet comes in. Scheduling yourself a foot soak means scheduling yourself some “me” time, and it feels productive since you’re doing a much-appreciated pampering activity. During your soak you can play a favorite mobile game, read a book, tackle a puzzle, or listen to music; anything that soothes your mind while you’re soothing your feet.
- It’s refreshing – Particularly when it’s hot outside, it can feel like your feet are working overtime. A foot soak at the end of a long day isn’t just soothing and relaxing, it’s refreshing as well. You can wash away all the work your feet have put in throughout the day, leaving you feeling clean and ready to go again.
- It’s the perfect time for exfoliation – A good epsom salt soak isn’t just for soaking. While you’re soaking your feet, you can take your epsom salt blend, place a pinch in your palm, and rub your feet with the coarse textured salt to remove any dead skin cells that might be leaving your feet feeling less than fresh. After rubbing for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, rinse away the salt and enjoy softer feet ready to absorb lotions or any other pampering products you may enjoy using.
Detox Foot Soak Hits All The Marks
The Detox Foot Soak epsom salt blend is a perfect starting point for those who are just trying a foot soak for the first time, as well as a tried and true favorite of those experienced in this method of self-care. This blend uses USP grade epsom salts and a blend of all-natural essential oils to provide fragrance and aromatherapy to your soak.
The essential oils used in this blend include lemon, peppermint, frankincense, and lavender. In aromatherapy, these aromas provide:
- Lemon – Lemon has a bright, tart, clean, and zingy aroma. In aromatherapy it’s often used to brighten and wake up the experience.
- Peppermint – Peppermint is a cooling, soothing, and sweet aroma often added to blends intended to soothe. This cooling scent is refreshing and versatile.
- Frankincense – Frankincense is a warmer and earthier aroma, and it helps to ground the other essential oils in the blend, so everything is held together nicely as one. Frankincense has distinct comforting notes.
- Lavender – Herbaceous and fresh, lavender is a common essential oil for any relaxing aromatherapy blend. Alongside peppermint, lavender’s sweetness comes out a bit more, and with lemon in the mix it helps to create the perfect spa-like atmosphere.
Along with the USP grade epsom salts and all-natural essential oils, the Detox Foot Soak blend also features fractionated MCT coconut oil to soothe and soften the skin as you soak, Vitamin E oil to nourish, and Vitamin C crystals to aid in purifying the water you’re soaking in.
How To Take Your Self-Love Ritual Soak
Taking your self-love ritual soak isn’t a complicated experience, because if it were it wouldn’t provide you with the relaxation and soothing you’re looking for.
The first step is finding where you’re going to soak. You may fill a standard bathtub with a few inches of water and soak while sitting on the ledge, or you can invest in a soaking basin that you can take anywhere for your self-care time. With a soaking basin, you can take your soak outside during a beautiful day, letting you surround yourself in the serenity of nature while you rinse your stresses away.
Once you have your bathtub or soaking basin ready, you’ll want to fill it with enough warm water to cover the feet up to the ankle. It’s important to not make the water too hot as this could make your soak uncomfortable, therefore defeating the purpose of a soothing soak in the first place.
After you’ve filled your soaking area, add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of your Detox Foot Soak for each gallon of water used. If you’re just starting out soaking your feet, start on the lower end and work your way up until you find your perfect amount. Once you’ve added the salt blend, use your hand or foot to agitate the water to dissolve the salts completely.
As you’re sitting and soaking, relax your mind and enjoy the aromas drifting upward. Allow the lemon to invigorate, the peppermint to refresh, the frankincense to ground, and the lavender to relax you. A good soaking session should last around 20 minutes before exiting the tub or basin slowly and patting the feet dry with a soft, clean towel.