A luxury bath, like the kind of bath you might enjoy in a nice hotel, could mean one thing to one person, and something entirely different to another. What we all have in common when it comes to luxury baths, however, is that they hit all the most important marks when it comes to self-pampering.
When To Take A Luxury Bath
When a person might benefit most from a luxury bath will differ from person to person. For one, self-care is most appreciated after a great run or a trip to the gym. For another, they may treat themselves to a bit of luxury to ring in the weekend on a calm Friday evening. For others, they may use luxury bathing to start their day off right, opting for a bit of morning self-care to get themselves in the right headspace for success.
For the post-gym or post-run bath taker, they might benefit most from adding a bit of Runner’s or Muscle Soak to their bath. Runner’s is perfect for winding down after really hitting the cardio on a great run. Essential oils of peppermint, frankincense, lemon, tea tree, and lemon grass bring a refreshing, uplifting, and grounding aromatherapy to the experience, helping you to wind down comfortably after even the most strenuous run. Muscle soak is an ideal post-gym or post-workout luxury option, with cooling and soothing eucalyptus and peppermint to bring you back to a comfortable center.
For the person to enjoys a bit of self-care at the start of a weekend, Deep Relaxation is a perfect blend to incorporate into your luxury routine. A simple mix of USP grade epsom salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, Vitamin C crystals, Vitamin E oil, and pure natural lavender essential oil, it’s a basic salt blend that embodies the relaxing feeling of luxury. Lavender has been used for thousands of years for serious relaxation and pampering, proving its effectiveness as part of any self-care routine.
How To Make Your Bath More Luxurious
The addition of a great epsom salt blend to your water is just one way to add luxury to your bath. A few tips to up the luxury in your bathing experience are:
- Exfoliate the skin – A great skin treatment is an effective way to turn your bath into a more luxurious experience. Using the salt blend that you put into your bath, take a pinch and use your palms to gently rub the salt into your skin using light circular motions. As you rub the epsom salt onto the skin, the coarse exfoliation will help to remove dead skin cells while prepping the skin for additional products if you choose. If you find that your lotions or moisturizers sit on top of the skin, a gentle exfoliation session during your bath may help those products be more effective.
- Light a few candles – Harsh light can really take its toll. While you’re trying to relax and enjoy the luxurious feeling, a bright light overhead can take you out of the atmosphere you’re trying to create. Rather than harsh light, you can try lighting a few naturally scented or unscented candles around the bathroom; so, you can bathe in your epsom salt blend while the bathroom bathes in natural candlelight.
- Bring along a favorite book – A book to read or a puzzle book to enjoy can further enhance your luxury experience. It can help you to clear your mind and simply get lost in the ambiance you’ve created.
- Incorporate music – Soft music, or any music that relaxes you, can help to create a soothing atmosphere while you enjoy your bath. With a smartphone, Bluetooth speakers, or even waterproof speakers made for the tub, you can create a luxury playlist you can use for your bath time.
- Warm your towel first – If your luxurious bath is something you plan for, you can toss a fresh clean towel into the dryer for just a couple of minutes to be ready just in time for your bath. This will allow you to step out of your bath and pat dry with a towel that is warm, soft, and feels like a gentle hug.
- Follow-up with after bath care – Your luxury time doesn’t have to stop when you exit the water. Following up your luxury experience with a face mask, body moisturizer, meditation, or other after-care activities helps you to keep the pampering going. Before getting into your bath, have your after-bath luxury products ready so you can move right into your next self-care step.
Creating The Perfect Bath
The centerpiece of a luxury experience in the bath is just that – the bath! To create your own luxurious bath, first begin filling the tub with comfortably warm water. You don’t want water so hot that it’s uncomfortable, nor do you want water that is too cool that it leaves you unable to relax. Once you have a couple of inches of warm water in the tub, add your ½ cup to 1 cup of chosen bath salt blend and allow the tub to fill completely. If the salt hasn’t completely dissolved, agitate the water a little bit with your hand to speed up the process.
The perfect soak will last around 20 to 25 minutes, so you get enough time to get the maximum benefit from the epsom salt and aromatherapy. Soaking for longer may leave the bath water cool, which can take way from your luxury experience. Once the bath is over, pat dry with your warm towel after getting up slowly and proceed to any additional self-care you wish to incorporate.