Epsom salt foot soaks are a great way to relax and de-stress. They can also help relieve muscle pain and invigorate the mind.
In a 2015 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, researchers found that soaking feet in epsom salt had significant relaxing benefits. The study participants reported feeling more relaxed and less stressed after a 20-minute foot soak in epsom salt water.
How Do Epsom Salt Foot Soaks Work?
Epsom salt is a naturally occurring mineral compound that has magnesium and sulfate. When epsom salt is dissolved in water, it releases magnesium and sulfate ions. These ions can be absorbed through the skin and help soothe overworked muscles. Say goodbye to nagging pains.
The Benefits Of An Epsom Salt Foot Soak
- Relaxation: Epsom salt foot baths are a great way to relax and de-stress. The magnesium ions in epsom salt can help to soothe tired muscles and promote feelings of calmness.
- Improved circulation: Soaking feet in epsom salt can help to improve circulation by stimulating the blood vessels in them. This can help to reduce swelling and pain in the feet and legs.
We at Better Bath Better Body have a Circulation Foot Soak that has a relaxing blend of eucalyptus, cypress, and lavender essential oils. This is perfect if you’re looking for something to soothe tired arches and heels.
- Relief from muscle pain: Epsom salt foot baths can help to relieve muscle pain and soreness. The magnesium ions in epsom salt can help to relax tense muscles.
How To Do An Epsom Salt Foot Soak
To do an epsom salt foot soak, you will need:
- 1 cup of epsom salt
- 4-6 quarts of warm water
- A large bowl or basin
- A towel
- Fill the bowl or basin with warm water.
- Add the epsom salt and stir until it is dissolved.
- Soak your feet in the water for 20-30 minutes.
- Dry your feet with a towel.
- You can add essential oils to your epsom salt foot soak to enhance the relaxing benefits. Our foot soaks are already infused with pure essential oils. You can check our entire line and order here.
- For a more exfoliating foot soak, add a few tablespoons of baking soda to the water.
- If you have sensitive skin, you may want to dilute the epsom salt with water.
Epsom salt foot soaks are a great way to relax and de-stress. They can also help relieve muscle pain and soothe tired feet. If you are looking for a way to pamper yourself, an epsom salt foot soak is a great option. Place an order at Better Bath Better Body today.