Foot care is important, and epsom salt for feet is a staple that should be in any person’s home pedicure kit. Not just for simple soaking, epsom salt can soothe, exfoliate, and comfort the feet in as little as 15 to 20 minutes per session. You don’t need a bathtub to soak the feet with epsom salt, and you don’t need to clear a whole lot of room in your busy schedule.
The Thoughtful Epsom Salt Holiday Gift
Americans are buying less in 2022 but making sure those gifts have maximum impact. Epsom salt bath for feet is a simple way to give an affordable gift that anyone can love and that communicates real care during the holiday season. It’s something that any recipient can use and think of you each time they practice self-care.
As a thoughtful holiday gift, epsom salt for feet can be given alone or alongside other foot care products in a sort of home pedicure bundle. A blend of foot care epsom salt, a pair of soft socks, lotion, and a good book is an entire self-care session in one simple and affordable thoughtful holiday gift. It reminds your recipient to slow down, relax, and take care of themselves during a time of the year that tends to be busy, and helps them to start the New Year off with a refreshed feeling.
A few other foot care epsom salt bundle ideas are:
- Epsom salt blend, candle, and Bluetooth speaker – Some like to simply “turn off” when they’re participating in self-care; closing their eyes and focusing all of their attention on the soothing atmosphere. Foot care epsom salt gives them the ability to soak in something natural, aromatherapeutic, and comforting, the candle sets the ambiance, and a Bluetooth speaker allows them to play their favorite relaxing playlists while they sit back and enjoy the moment.
- Foot care epsom salt blend, manicure/pedicure kit, nail polish – For those who love to take part in a good old fashioned at-home pedicure, a kit that gives them everything they need for beautiful, soft, and invigorated feet is perfect. The foot care epsom salt blend is good for both soaking and exfoliating, the manicure pedicure kit makes easy work of polishing the feet, and nail polish finishes out the pedicure with a pop of color.
- Epsom salt, soaking basin, and puzzle book – One of the benefits of a foot soak is that they can be enjoyed just about anywhere. You don’t have to stick to a standard tub for soaking, and a soaking basin allows you to take your warm soak outside or in a favorite chair with a nice view. A gift bundle that includes a salt blend, a soaking basin, and a puzzle book is perfect for anyone who could use a bit of comfort and relaxation after a long day.
Take Charge Of Your Foot Care This Holiday Season
Epsom salt can be used for soaking the feet and exfoliating the feet. If you’re planning to soak, first choose where you’re going to take your foot bath. A standard tub works well, with a ledge you can sit on, but that’s not your only option. A soaking basin filled with warm water can be taken anywhere and allows you to bring your bath to you – not the other way around.
Once you’ve chosen where you’re going to soak, fill your tub or basin up with warm water. You want just enough to cover the feet up to the ankles, and to make sure the water is warm and soothing but not too hot. After your tub has been filled, place 1 to 2 tablespoons of your epsom salt soak per gallon into the water, gently agitating to ensure all of the salt has dissolved. Soaking your feet should take only about 15 to 20 minutes, after which you’ll pat the skin dry with a soft towel.
Exfoliating the feet using your epsom salt blend is simple and it can be done at the end of your soak or while you’re in the shower. Place a pinch of your epsom salt for feet into the palm of your hand, then gently rub the skin of the feet in small circles paying close attention to areas where skin might feel rough or dull. Exfoliation works best on wet skin, so at the end of your soak or in the shower is the perfect time. Once you’ve gently rubbed the skin, simply rinse your feet and appreciate your new, soft, and renewed skin.
Exfoliation sloughs away dead skin that sits on the surface of the feet, the same dead skin that blocks your favorite moisturizers or other products from working to their full potential. After an exfoliation treatment, following up with a moisturizer is an effective way to get your softest feet yet.
Epsom Salt Foot Soaks
Foot soaks come in all different blends, and choosing your blend is choosing your soaking mood. Some favorites include:
- Detox foot soak – Detox foot soak is refreshing, invigorating, and cleansing. This USP grade epsom salt blend uses essential oils of lemon, peppermint, frankincense, and lavender to create a mood that is zingy, refreshing, grounded, and soothing all at once.
- Circulation foot soak – Circulation focuses on feelings of freshness, comfort, and soothing. This USP grade epsom salt blend includes all-natural essential oils of cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender, with freshness coming from the cypress oil, cool and cleansing properties from eucalyptus, and comfort from relaxing lavender.