After a long hard day, there is nothing that can help relieve your stress, uplift your mood, and leave you feeling great like a long bath. A warm bath relieves tension, helps you relax, and can put you in a great mood.
We all have those days. The days where every minute of our schedule is packed with tasks. These kinds of days can really wear us down and if we’re not careful, can lead us to feeling burnt out. However, taking some time out for yourself at the end of a long day can help you relax and recharge, so you have the energy and positivity to tackle tomorrow. One of the best ways to unwind is with an epsom salt deep relaxation bath.
How Epsom Salt Soaks Help You Relax
Epsom salts are an incredible addition to any relaxing bath. Epsom salt is very different from the salt we use on our food. It is actually a mineral salt made with magnesium and sulfates. These minerals help promote relaxation, relieve tension, and help uplift our moods. Adding epsom salts to a warm bath can enhance a bath's already soothing effects. They are an ideal way to unwind after a long hard day. Taking an epsom salt deep relaxation bath is easy and has a number of great benefits.
How To Set Up A Relaxing Bath
There is nothing that will help you decompress after a long day more than a relaxing bath. Here are some ideas to really help create a relaxing bath time experience:
- Draw a warm bath. Ideally you want the bath temperature to range between 90°F (32°C) and 105°F (40°C) for ultimate warmth and relaxation. Make sure to fill the tub all the way up to cover your whole body, so you can really soak.
- . For a soothing soak we love the Deep Relaxation blend which contains relaxing lavender essential oils. We also love the Tranquility Bath which is formulated with a calming blend of Lemongrass, Chamomile, Lavender, and Geranium.
- Consider adding some bubbles for fun. Epsom salts and bubble bath makes a great combination for relaxing. You can also add bath oils or bath fizzers too. You can even do an exfoliating scrub with a handful of epsom salts and a bath mitt. Go ahead and get creative, it’s your time to unwind.
- Set a serene mood with good lighting. Turn the lights down low or add some candles. The glow of a low light will help you really get into the relaxation of the moment and make you feel at ease.
- Put on your favorite downtempo music. Whether you love smooth jazz, chill R&B, or ambient rock, playing calming music will help you feel tranquil and at ease. You can even build a bath time playlist of your favorite songs.
- Read a book. Reading a book in the bathtub is a great way to unwind. Books are an excellent escape from our day-today stresses and reading helps enrich our lives. Pick something fun and engrossing to really take your mind off your long day.
- Go ahead and make a snack. Grab something really tasty and indulgent like chocolates, a charcuterie board, or fresh fruits like strawberries, raspberries, or grapes. You can even grab a calming tea like chamomile or peppermint. You can even grab a glass of wine if you’d like. Just make sure to keep it just within reach so it doesn’t fall into the tub.
- Do a face mask. If you really want your bath to feel like a spa experience, do a luxurious face mask. You can even make an exfoliating DIY face mask.
- Finish with a warm towel or a fluffy robe. If you have a towel warmer, turn it on before getting into the bath. Otherwise, you can put your towels and robe into the dryer for a few minutes to warm them up. That way when you get out of the bath, you’ll feel like you're wrapping up in a warm fluffy cloud.
The Benefits Of A Relaxing Bath After A Long Day
There are so many reasons to relax in a bath after a hard day. First, a warm, soothing bath will help you unwind and deal with the stress. This is really important because stress is really damaging to both our physical and mental health. Secondly, taking a bath will give you a timeout, so you can think, strategize, and prioritize your day. Taking time to really think can help you find solutions to problems and connect with your needs, goals, and passions. Finally, taking a long bath is fun. It feels amazing and will put you in a great mood. It’s the perfect boost of positivity after a tough day.
Whether you’re dealing with work stress, overextended on your obligations, or just simply too busy, a relaxing bath can help you feel better. Our indulgent epsom bath soaks at Better Bath Better Body can help. If a stressful day has you feeling down, take a warm bath and you’ll feel brand new again.