Men deserve to pamper themselves too. After a long hard day, try unwinding with an indulgent and relaxing bath soak.
Typically, people think of long, relaxing baths for women. However, men can get just as many wonderful benefits from bath soaks as anyone. Bath soaks can help relax tension in your body. They can help you unwind and decompress after a long stressful day. They can leave your skin feeling soothed, calm, and nourished. They’re the perfect way to chill when you need a little quiet time. Fortunately, there are a ton of great bath soak options for men to enjoy.
Four Steps To Pick A Great Bath Soak
Picking a bath soak is easy, though it does require just a little bit of research. Here are four steps to picking the best bath soak for your unique needs:
- Choose Natural Ingredients:
You want to make sure that you only use products that contain the highest quality natural ingredients. Many bath products are made with harmful additives and ingredients with names you cannot pronounce. These can cause irritation and dryness and ultimately, damage the skin. Always read the ingredients panel and make sure that the ingredients are all-natural and something you recognize. The products at Better Bath Better Body use three primary natural ingredients:
- USP-grade salts
- Pure essential oils
- Vitamin C crystals
By using natural simple ingredients, your skin will be nourished and soft.
- Be Mindful Of Packaging:
Since most beauty products are not ingested, many people overlook the packaging. However, our skin is very absorbent. Look for sustainable and healthy packaging that won't damage your skin. For example, Better Bath Better Body’s packages are made BPA-free. It’s not only great for you, but it’s also good for the planet.
- Determine Your Needs:
Bath soaks have many wonderful benefits and can address a multitude of concerns. For example, our Back Soothing Bath Soak blend is ideal for anyone who needs back relief. While our Stress Relief Bath Soak is great for anyone who needs to relax, unwind, and destress. There are many other options that are ideal for different needs. Think about what in your life you’d like to address. Then you can assess the different options for your needs.
- Pick A Tranquil Scent:
Finally, to the fun part. Most bath salts are made with essential oils. So they tend to be pretty gender-neutral. There are more masculine scents like The Gentleman’s Soak. The Gentleman’s Soak uses peppermint, frankincense, eucalyptus, and cedarwood essential oils. The aroma is a beautiful blend of woodsy, musk, and mint for a classic masculine aroma. Other blends use essential oils like lavender, sandalwood, and turmeric that create natural, earthy, and herbal aromas. If you can’t decide or are unfamiliar with the scents, try reading an aromatherapy guide. This will help you understand the benefits and aromas of the essential oils to narrow down your selection.
Following these four steps will ensure you pick a high-quality bath soak.
Five Bath Salt Blends We Recommend For Men
The best bath salts for men depend entirely on your preferences. There are bath salts for men who like very masculine aromas and one for men who like calm and neutral aromas. Here are some of the bath salts that we recommend for men trying bath soaks for the first time:
- Gentleman’s Soak: Designed specifically with men in mind, the Gentleman’s soak has a classic woodsy aroma. Made with a blend of cedarwood, frankincense, eucalyptus, and peppermint essential oil, this is a great soak for daily indulgences. It will leave your skin soft, your body relaxed, and your mind free of stress.
- Joint Soak: Designed for joint relief, Joint Soak offers powerful aromatherapy benefits. A blend of rosemary, frankincense, and peppermint essential oils offers warmth and cooling to targeted areas. It has a wonderful herbally, minty aroma that also helps you destress.
- Muscle Soak: Like Joint Soak, Muscle Soak was designed for targeted relief. Using a powerful cooling blend of eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils. With a fresh mint aroma, it’s great for reinvigorating and relaxing your body.
- Athlete Soak: Looking for the most effective post-workout recovery? Athlete Soak was designed to help you recover and get back on your feet right away. Made with a blend of lavender, pine, peppermint, and eucalyptus, this rejuvenating blend has a fresh botanical aroma.
- Turmeric Bath Salt: Turmeric does not just have nutritional benefits, it is also excellent for topical applications. Our Turmeric Soak contains turmeric essential oil blended with cinnamon, ylang-ylang, orange, and grapefruit essential oil. It’s a spicy, citrusy blend that is perfect for helping you feel renewed.
Most people have more than one type of bath salt, so go ahead and experiment to see what works best for your body and mind.
How To Prepare A Perfect Bath Soak
Preparing a bath soak is a bit of an art form. Many people add candles, relaxing music, and escape into the pleasure. Other people like to be a bit more active. They’ll sit back, read or watch videos on their phone, and enjoy a glass of wine or snacks. Having all of these lovely additions can take your bath to the next level. However, if you want to keep things simple it’s easy.
First, you will start filling the tub with warm water. Experts recommend the water be between 90-105°F, similar to our body temperature. Cooler baths are great for alleviating while warmer baths are great for soothing. As you fill the tub, add 1/2 to 1 cup of Epsom salts depending on the size of your tub. The general recommendation is 1 to 2 tablespoons per gallon. Once the bath salts dissolve into the water, you can enter the tub. Turn off the water when the tub is full. Then you will soak for at least 20-30 minutes for the full effect of the bath salts. Once you are done, you’ll pat yourself dry and feel like a new man!
Bath soaks are for everyone. They offer so many incredible health and wellness benefits. Choosing a bath salt is easy when shopping with Better Bath Better Body. All of our products are made with safe and natural ingredients. Whether you are looking for a blend specific to men or one that can help with several issues, we’ve got you covered. Try our bath salts and you’ll see why everyone can benefit from a bath soak.