The things we do throughout the day, the choices we make, have a huge impact on how we feel as we go through our daily lives. Starting regular healthy habits can be tough, and keeping them even more challenging, but it’s always worth it in the end.
Healthy Habits Anyone Can Adopt
Different lifestyles may require different healthy habits, and that’s okay. However, there are some that work well in any busy schedule. A few healthy habits that anyone can adopt right now are:
- Get moving – Some may call it exercise, some may refer to it as working out, but what it’s really all about is getting physical and staying in motion. You don’t have to join a gym to be active and partaking in any activity you enjoy is often enough. Taking walks around the block with the family, dancing like no one is watching, even just going up and down the stairs can be ways to get moving. Physical activity can help to soothe stress, lessen anxieties, and keep you feeling good.
- Make baths part of your life – How often do you take time for yourself throughout the week? Chances are, it’s not enough. Scheduling a weekly soak is a great way to revive, relax, and spend a little quality time with yourself on a regular basis. Bath time can be used to clear your mind, relax your body, and get you back in touch with yourself all at the same time.
- Take time for meditation – It’s easy to get swept up in a busy lifestyle these days. Taking meditation breaks daily helps to re-center you, getting you back in touch with yourself even if only for a few minutes at a time. Meditation can even be done in the bath tub as you soak, as you sit back and observe the feeling of the warm water, the aroma of the all-natural essential oils, and the sensation of stress leaving the body. To meditate you don’t need any special tools, locations, or long blocks of time set aside. Simply sit back, close your eyes, and feel your breath as you observe the thoughts and feelings that move through you.
- Maintain a healthy social life – A regular social life for a busy person might seem out of reach, but it doesn’t mean having to set aside entire nights to go out. Simply calling up a friend or family member and taking that time out to simply sit back and enjoy conversation can do a great deal for feelings of stress and overwhelm. Social interaction with people we love keeps us happier, and a happier life is a life with less room for stress.
Turn Bathing Into A Ritual
Bathing might be something some people do just because they have to do it, but it can be so much more than simply “getting clean”. Incorporating bath salt blends, bringing in favorite activities or soothing music, and turning it into a pampering experience makes it something to really look forward to. You can buy bath salts online to make preparing for your pampering bath easy, and there are plenty to choose from to ensure you’re always getting the exact bath you’re in the mood for.
If you’re in the mood for a relaxing bath after a long week, a bath salt blend that uses all-natural lavender oil might be what you’re looking for. Lavender has been celebrated for thousands of years for its ability to relax the body and mind, with its light, fresh, and herbal aroma perfect for centering and comfort.
Perhaps you’re scheduling your pampering bath for the middle of the day, or for a bright and sunny morning. While a lavender bath might be perfect for an evening pampering session, you could be looking for something a bit zestier for this experience. A bath soak that uses notes like lemon, peppermint, or eucalyptus is perfect for cooling and refreshing for rejuvenation that lasts throughout the day. Not every period of self-care has to be about relaxation, and your self-care bath time could be dedicated to inspiration or motivation just as easily.
Further Enhance Your Bath
You can turn your bath into an entire atmosphere to really bring about an at-home spa feeling. Along with your all-natural bath salt blend, you may wish to incorporate other elements. Some popular additions to a bath session include:
- Small speakers – Small Bluetooth speakers that can be brought into the bathroom are an always welcome addition to a self-care bath. They can be used to play soothing music, meditations, nature sounds, or anything that makes you feel comforted and at peace.
- Candles – Harsh light can sometimes take away from the spa experience you’re trying to emulate with your at-home bath. Carefully and safely placing candles around the bathroom can set a deeply calming atmosphere, especially when natural aromas in these candles compliment the aromas in your bath.
- Books and games – Sometimes the best way to clear your mind and experience quality release is with a favorite activity. While you’re in the bath, bringing along books, crossword puzzles, or other activities you love can help you to spend a bit of time doing a couple things you love at the same time. During those times when stress can’t seem to leave your mind, a relaxing epsom salt bath along with a favorite book or puzzle might be just what you need.
Your weekly scheduled bath session doesn’t have to be a full body bath. Taking a relaxing foot bath, or even a sitz bath, gives you the same quality time you need to keep in touch with yourself while enjoying your own at-home aromatherapy experience.