When a new little one is brought into the world, the last thing that many moms think of is themselves. However, this is also one of the most important times for self-care, and every mom deserves a little me time to stay at her best.
For new moms, here are a few simple pampering ideas to help you feel inspired to make time for self-care:
1. Run a new moms salt bath – A sitz bath is perfect for new moms. It helps to relieve and soothe tension, ease discomfort, and gives moms a bit of time to themselves they can use to read a book, do a crossword puzzle, catch up on streaming their favorite show, or just sit back and enjoy the quiet. Running a new moms salt bath can be done in the bathtub with just a few inches of water, or using a portable sitz bath that attaches to a standard sized toilet bowl. For those wondering are epsom salt baths safe for pregnancy, new moms or new moms-to-be should always consult a doctor first just to make sure a sitz soak is the ideal choice for them.
2. Make use of cleaning services – New moms are the busiest moms and trying to juggle everything at once can lead to serious burn out. Making use of a cleaning service, even just for the first few weeks or months, can make a world of difference. Rather than trying to fit in the tidying up while the baby is asleep, moms can take a much-needed nap themselves and wake up feeling refreshed.
3. Enjoy aromatherapy – Aromatherapy is a simple way to sit back and relieve stress, feel uplifted, and revive your energy stores. Aromatherapy can be experienced with candles, a diffuser, or while you’re in the bath with salts and soaks that include natural essential oils. While in the bath, the essential oils float on the air along with the steam, enveloping new moms in the scents they want to bring about happy feelings and good vibes.
4. Try a baby food facial – For moms of babies who are in the baby food stage, you may want to grab an extra jar of that banana baby food. Organic banana baby food is just as good for the skin as it is for baby, providing a soothing and calming experience as a facial mask while the baby is down for a nap. Simply spread the baby food on the face like a face mask, then allow it to sit for around 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. What you’re left with is relaxed, nourished, and baby soft skin.
5. Treat yourself to the good coffee maker – Coffee quickly becomes a new mom’s best friend. A shiny new coffee maker that makes simple, rich, and delicious cups of coffee can give new moms a quick pick me up they can enjoy whenever they need it most. Coffee makers that make single servings of coffee are particularly convenient for those midday slumps or days of errands. Experts advise new moms to limit their caffeine intake, so make sure every sip is rich and worth your time.
6. Splurge on good sweats – Loungewear and athleisure are wardrobe staples for new moms but dressing comfy doesn’t mean you can’t also feel special. Splurging on good sweats can help moms to feel comfortable and chic all at the same time. After stepping out of a sitz bath and patting dry, wrapping yourself up in a high-quality comfortable outfit can leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take on the rest of the day.
7. Check out grocery delivery – New moms don’t want to be caught without diapers, formula, baby food, or groceries. Rather than putting a trip to the grocery store on your to-do list, opting for grocery delivery or grocery pick-up can be a huge help. Shopping for groceries can be done from the phone or computer while you’re sitting on the sofa or enjoying a sitz bath, and pick-up or drop-off takes barely a couple of minutes to complete.
The Best Sitz Bath Experience For New Moms
A sitz bath is one of the simplest and most impactful ways for new moms to partake in a little quality self-care, and you’ll want to make your experience count. Moms-to-be may be wondering, “are epsom salt baths safe for pregnancy?” and this is something that should always be discussed with a doctor first just to make sure you’re a good fit, as some conditions make sitz soaks less than ideal. The best sitz bath experience starts with the soak you choose, and there are a variety to choose from.
The Lilliuma Sitz Bath Salt uses Mediterranean Sea salt alongside fractionated MCT coconut oil, lavender essential oil, chamomile essential oil, frankincense essential oil, jojoba seed oil, and Vitamin E oil. Scents of lavender, chamomile, and frankincense provide a relaxing aromatherapy experience, while coconut oil, Vitamin E oil, and jojoba seed oil give a nourishing and soothing effect.
Postpartum Sitz Bath Soak is specific to the postpartum wants of a new mom. This soak uses USP grade epsom salt alongside essential oils of frankinsence, geranium, lavender, chamomile, and lemon, as well as fractionated MCT coconut oil, Vitamin E oil, and Vitamin C crystals. The addition of geranium and lemon in this soak provides an uplifting aromatherapy experience that relaxes at the same time.
The classic Sitz Bath Salt with Juniper & Niaouli is soothing, comforting, and fresh. This salt uses USP grade epsom salt with essential oils of lavender, frankincense, geranium, niaouli, and juniper to provide an aromatherapeutic experience that’s fresh, relaxing, and rejuvenating. Fractionate MCT coconut oil and Vitamin E oil work to nourish and comfort the skin, while Vitamin C crystals prep bath water for the most effective sitz bath.
No matter the salt or soak you choose, you’re enhancing your sitz bath experience in a very real way. To use your soak, simply add 1 to 2 tablespoons of salts to each gallon of warm water, allow the soak to dissolve, and get ready to sit and relax for around 15 to 20 minutes. Once you’re finished soaking, pat dry with a soft warm towel, wrap yourself in your favorite comfortable clothes, and enjoy the fresh and rejuvenated feeling only a good pampering session can achieve.