According to a HuffPost poll, which surveyed a randomized sample of 485 men, only 9% of men regularly take baths, while the rest go for showers. The benefits of a great bath aren’t limited by gender, and bath salts for men can really help to break men into the joys of taking a good bath.
Professional studies performed in Japan in 2018 proved what many bath takers always knew – baths are relaxing, soothing, and help to provide comfort during times of stress. Many men today are feeling the pressure, and a nice bath can be just what they’re after to reset and revive after a long day. Bath salts for men add to this experience; incorporating aromatherapy into the bath while epsom or sea salts add minerals, softness, and additional relaxing properties right into the water. Men’s bath soaks make bathing feel like a pampering experience, and every person could use some pampering every once in a while.
Enjoying A Good Bath
For men who don’t enjoy baths often, they may be wondering just how to pass the time while in the bath. You can sit back, close your eyes, and simply enjoy the scents coming from the water as the soak eases stresses away, or you can make it a time for a quality relaxing activity.
Music is a common way to enhance the bathing experience for men. With water resistant portable speakers, one can play their favorite playlists right from their phone via Bluetooth. The phone doesn’t need to be anywhere near the water, but music can be enjoyed as quietly or as loudly as you like. Not just for music, it’s also an excellent way to enjoy favorite podcasts as you lose yourself in a good long soak.
Along with music, the bath is a great place to enjoy a great book, a crossword puzzle, or other simple activity. With a bath tray, you can keep your novels, magazines, or activity books dry as you soak, as well as watch movies or streaming services on a tablet if you choose. The possibilities are nearly endless, allowing you to invest some time into your favorite quiet hobbies as you enjoy all of the benefits of an excellent soak.
No matter how you’re enjoying your bath, being prepared to exit the bath is also part of the experience. Exit the tub slowly and carefully, pat dry with a soft and plush towel, and drain the tub feeling relaxed and rejuvenated having had some much-needed quality self-care time.
The Top 5 Bath Soaks For Men
Bath soaks enhance the bathing experience from when you first step into the tub. The essential oils are lifted into the air on the steam, providing aromatherapy to match your mood. The salt in the soak helps to create soft, mineral rich, soothing water, and the relaxation benefits are enhanced. While men can use any bath salt they like, there are some blends that really cater to the lifestyle of the average man. The top 5 bath soak picks for men are:
- Gentleman’s Bath Soak – The ultimate man’s soak, Gentleman’s Bath Soak is enriched with the scents of cedarwood and frankincense. A clarifying and invigorating soak, it’s the perfect outdoorsy aromatherapy to give any man a boost whether he’s rounding out a day with a bath or beginning with one. The soak is made up of USP grade epsom salt, fractionated MTC coconut oil, cedarwood essential oil, frankincense essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil, peppermint essential oil, Vitamin E oil, and Vitamin C crystals. This soothing soak is like a breath of fresh air.
- Orange Ginger – Warming and zesty, Orange Ginger bath soak is perfect for some midday comfort. This refreshing soak is bright with the scent of fresh orange, providing a citrusy element that fits with any mood. The soak is comprised of USP grade epsom salt, fractionated MTC coconut oil, orange and ginger essential oils, and vitamin C crystals. This versatile soak can be enjoyed by anyone.
- Lilliuma Man Bath Salt – The Lilliuma Man Bath Salt is a refreshing and relaxing soak all in one. If you’re trying to get in the zone before a workday or workout, or you want to cleanse the day from yourself before enjoying an evening, this is a soak that resets the mind and body all at once. This bath salt is made from Mediterranean Sea salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, lavender essential oils, frankincense essential oils, eucalyptus essential oils, and Vitamin E oil. The lavender essential oil helps to promote relaxation and calm, while frankincense provides warmth and eucalyptus adds in a refreshing cool element.
- Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak – It’s not just the body that can use a good soak. Soaking your feet is an excellent way to soothe and comfort the part of the body that works the hardest every day. Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak is a soothing and refreshing way to rejuvenate the feet after a long day, particularly for those men who spend their days in boots or other constrictive footwear. To take a foot soak, simply fill a tub or basin with enough water to cover the feet and add in about 1 to 2 tablespoons of soak per gallon of water used. Sit and rest the feet in the tub for around 15 to 20 minutes, and pat dry gently when finished. Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak is made from USP grade epsom salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, tea tree essential oil, lavender essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil, Vitamin C crystals, and Vitamin E oil.
- epsmRx Muscle Bath – The body appreciates a little pampering after its been worked hard, and epsmRx Muscle Bath provides just that. This simple but effective soothing soak features the simple, fresh, and cooling scents of peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils, which travel on the steam coming from your bath to provide a bright aromatherapy experience. Also in the Muscle Bath alongside the essential oils of peppermint and eucalyptus are epsom salt, MCT fractionated coconut oil, and Vitamin E oil.