While not everyone is a morning person, there are ways to make the most of your morning and even enjoy this time just a little bit more. What you do in the morning sets the foundation for the rest of your day. Studies have even shown that a good morning routine can lead to better productivity and better moods on a daily basis. A refreshing morning routine lets you give every day a fresh start. Here are 8 ways to refresh your morning routine include:
- Hydrate – We lose quite a bit of hydration in sleep, so you’re almost always starting off your day behind. One of the best things you can do to start your morning right is to start out with some good old-fashioned hydration. Having a glass or bottle of water by your bed ready to go is a great idea or making cold water with a squeeze of lemon can help to boost hydration as well. With adequate hydration, you’ll feel more awake and readier to continue on with your morning routine.
- Breakfast is about nutrition – It’s easy to grab a bowl of sugary cereal or a breakfast bar, but you’re not always doing what’s best for your body. Whole grains, fresh fruit, and a healthy protein source will give you lasting energy that keeps you from hitting that midday energy wall.
- Steer clear of electronics straight away – Starting out your morning straight away with looking at your phone, checking e-mails, and going on social media can cause you stress first thing. Because your morning lays out the foundation for your day, this could mean carrying that stress with you throughout all the other things you do on that day. Give yourself a buffer of around 20 to 30 minutes before devoting any time or attention to your electronics.
- Invest time in a foot soak – With some natural foot detox salt, you can enjoy your breakfast or morning glass of water as you wake gently and soak yourself to a balanced state. Better Bath Better Body Detox Foot Soak contains premium epsom salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, and 100% pure essential oils. It is infused with zesty lemon essential oil, cooling peppermint essential oil, comforting frankincense essential oil, and relaxing lavender essential oil. We also added Vitamin C crystals and Vitamin E oil to make the blend extra special. If you plan to be on your feet for much of the day, it’s just the sort of relaxing boost your feet are asking for before they go to work for you.
- Write out your daily schedule – Starting your day writing your daily schedule helps you to prioritize and organize the rest of your day. Choosing your morning to invest this time helps to keep motivation high as you map out what the day has in store.
- Enjoy meditation – Meditation sessions don’t have to be long, drawn out, or difficult. Even 5 to 10 minutes of mindfulness in the morning helps to keep you centered and in balance as you lay out your day’s foundation. While soaking your feet in a foot soak, you can use this time to close your eyes, clear your mind, and observe the feelings and thoughts that float through you.
- Get a little fresh air – Fresh air can really help to rejuvenate the mind, body, and soul in the morning as you enjoy hearing the birds chirp, the wind rustling through the leaves, and the world waking up. Taking the dog for a walk or just having your morning hydration in the backyard can give you a fresh start.
- Take a spa shower – Shower tablets are an excellent way to turn your morning shower into a morning spa. Using 1 or 2 tablets, simply drop them on the shower floor and allow the warm water to transform the shower steam into an aromatherapy experience. As the tablets dissolve they’re safe for drains and plumbing systems, so all you need to think about is the soothing and comforting feelings you’re experiencing while in your shower.
Choosing The Perfect Shower Tablet
Shower tablets come in a variety of different blends, all using natural essential oils for authentic and balanced aromatherapy. Some shower tablet options that are perfect for carrying out a thoughtful, refreshing, and motivating morning routine are:
Awaken – Awaken shower tablets feature orange essential oil, lemongrass essential oil, tangerine essential oil, witch hazel, and menthol for an experience that’s cooling, comforting, and zesty all at once. Filled with the robust aroma of all-natural orange and tangerine, it’s sweet and tart all at once while menthol soothes and lemongrass grounds for perfect therapeutic balance.
Relax – While lavender and chamomile are two scents that are most often associated with falling asleep at night, they have their own place in your morning routine as well. After a night of rest, these aromas work to relax you and ease stress, so it’s a perfect choice for those mornings before a big meeting, an interview, or an otherwise challenging day. Filled with natural essential oils of lavender and chamomile, its aromatherapy that targets clearing the mind and relaxing the body.
- Morning Citrus – Morning Citrus shower tablets encourage you to start your morning off sunny and bright. All natural essential oils of peppermint, orange, and lemon join forces to create a shower tablet that is cool and refreshing, clean and crisp, and sweet and tart all at once. For those days that rely on positive moods and happy thoughts, this is just the type of aromatherapy you’re looking for.
Once your spa-like aromatherapy shower is through, there is nothing to clean up, nothing to put away, and nothing to rinse off. You get to take on your day with a relaxed, refreshed, and confident mindset.