Have you ever felt as though you can’t get a minute’s peace? We understand: In the hubbub of day-to-day life, having “me time” can be rather unmanageable. If you’re stressed and running low on time, a nice, relaxing bath at home can be your go-to self-care activity.
Why Making Time for Yourself Matters
Before getting to the specifics, it’s essential that you have a vivid impression as to why taking “me time” is crucial to achieving a less distressing life. Here are three reasons spending time taking care of yourself can help you improve your everyday life.
(1) It can help you think more clearly and make better decisions.
Remember: You don’t always rust when you rest. Sometimes, it’s the other way around. Working day to day without taking breaks is not healthy for your physical and mental health. You must understand that having a little time for yourself refreshes your mind and re-energizes your body.
Don’t force yourself to focus on completing a task without taking breaks. Your brain isn’t designed for long periods of focus. Doing something relaxing or enjoyable while on break can get you back on track as it helps you improve your concentration and aid you in solving problems.
(2) It helps build self-esteem.
Most busy people don’t take “me time” because they think they don’t deserve it. They struggle to complete a task and stay around people that need them, without thinking of their own welfare.
“Me time” allows for deep thinking and self-discovery. When you relax and log off from your hourly routine, you take the time to reflect. You realize your importance. “Me time” helps you figure out what you can do to live a productive yet enjoyable life.
(3) It promotes greater well-being.
Too much stress can lead to physical discomfort like chest pain, an upset stomach, and even elevated blood pressure. These symptoms can be detrimental to your health as they can lead to various diseases.
Taking the time to unwind and doing something that makes you happy can bring your stress levels down. If you are happier, you become healthier in some way. “Me time” improves your well-being and sense of self.
How Taking A Relaxing Bath Can Relieve Stress
Your “me time” can be in the form of a bath. Many can attest that a nice, long soak can help you relax and just be. A go-to for unwinding and relaxing after a long day, it has a long list of health benefits that can better your overall well-being.
(1) A relaxing bath can elevate your mood.
Bathing is a powerful stress reliever. It can help you increase your inner peace. Taking the time to relax and soothe your body in a tub can help with the emotional impact of stress. As it encourages you to take a moment for yourself, it promotes overall relaxation.
(2) A warm bath can help you sleep better.
Are you a poor sleeper who hasn’t had a good night’s rest for ages? If you’re looking to feel more relaxed when catching some Zs, taking a warm bath can be the perfect solution.
Many studies have proven that the relaxation effect of warm water on your body can help you have a good night’s rest. This is because warm water can help your body produce melatonin, which is the sleeping hormone that prepares us for better sleep. You will surely wake up relaxed in the morning without feeling tired throughout the day.
(3) A stress-relieving hot bath can alleviate discomfort.
Whether you’re working at home or in an office, you will experience physical pains if you work without taking regular breaks. You should consider taking a hot bath to soothe fatigue and relieve tension.
Simple Tips in Setting Up Your “Me Time” Bath Session
The purpose of taking a bath is not only to clean yourself physically. It is an activity to help you chill out and relieve pain, both mental and physical. To have the best possible bath, it’s only necessary to take these simple steps for an improved bathing experience.
- Clean your bathroom. Cleaning your tub can be your first step to relaxing. Although it can initially be a bit tiring, you can consider it a workout. If done correctly, cleaning can bring the same benefit as getting a little exercise, which can be a way to relieve stress. In addition, it's only right to clean your bathroom as it is difficult to relax in a dirty space.
- Upgrade the experience with a few candles and relaxing music. This is not a must. But if you’re looking to make the ambiance extra relaxing for your own benefit, lighting a few scented candles and playing your favorite songs can be helpful.
- Add the perfect product to your bath. Your bath time won’t be complete if you don’t use a product or two, whether it's a bath soak, bath salt, or bubble bath.
Time For A Stress Relief Bath
You’ve worked hard and you deserve a break. Don’t hesitate to pamper yourself by taking a stress-relieving bath!
To get started, try Better Bath Better Body’s Stress Relief Bath Soak. This product is designed to help you unwind and wash your stress away. With spearmint essential oil and eucalyptus essential oil, the Stress Relief Bath Soak is perfect if you wish to have an aromatherapy bath experience. It provides a cooling effect for your entire body.