The best home foot spa is one that is full of all of the things that give you joy in luxury spas. This is for a self-care ritual activity, so the primary concern is making yourself feel loved and pampered.
What Does Soaking Your Feet In Epsom Salt Do?
Before getting into the ways you can enhance your foot spa, it’s a good idea to know just what soaking your feet can do. Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate, and it’s made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. Soaking in epsom salt can leave feet feeling softer while magnesium aids in soothing and relaxing, sulfur cleanses, and oxygen invigorates the feet from the inside out. After a long day, an epsom salt blend soak can help to breathe new life back into hardworking feet.
Epsom salt uses for feet don’t end at soaking. The coarse texture of the salt also makes for a great exfoliation treatment. Exfoliating the feet is something that can be done around 1 to 3 times per week depending on your own skin needs, and it can be done in the shower or after your foot soaking session. To exfoliate the feet using your epsom salt, simply wet the skin of the feet and take a large pinch of your epsom salt in your palm. Using gentle circular motions, rub all areas of the feet with the coarse salt and feel the dead skin slough away to reveal softer, smoother, and refreshed feet.
With dead skin cells lifted away, the feet will be better equipped to soak in any additional products you may wish to use after your soak and exfoliation. Lotions, oils, or body butters will absorb more quickly and thoroughly for perfectly pampered skin.
Build Your Foot Spa At Home Ritual
While you’re soaking your feet, you don’t have to sit around and do nothing (unless you want to.) A few ideas for getting even more enjoyment out of your soak are:
- Catch up on your favorite shows – A good foot soak only lasts about 20 minutes, but that’s 20 minutes you could be spending catching up on a favorite show. Using a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or a foot soaking basin set up in front the TV, soak your stresses away while you lose yourself in a program you love.
- Read a book – The quiet calm of a foot soak makes it a great time to read a book. If you find yourself too busy and falling behind on your favorite books, scheduling yourself a soak for your feet lets you also schedule yourself for a couple of chapters.
- Learn a new language – Language learning apps make learning languages more fun and accessible than ever before. With your tablet or smartphone in hand, you can tackle a couple of lessons in a language you’ve always wanted to learn during those 20 minutes. By using your time in this way you’re being productive and enriching yourself while also enjoying a bit of well-deserved self-care.
- Meditate – Sometimes life catches up with you and you find yourself feeling unbalanced and stressed. A little mindful meditation works wonders to bring you back to center as you remind yourself the importance of living in the moment. A foot soak with all-natural aromatherapy is the perfect environment for embracing the art of meditation. Simply close your eyes and feel your breath, feel the warm movement of the water, breathe in the aroma, and clear your mind of anything that may be bogging it down.
- Do a puzzle – Crossword puzzles, sudoku, word searches, or cryptograms, these puzzles are great for enjoying a little fun and mental enrichment at the same time. While you’re sitting with your feet soaking in the warm epsom salt water, it’s the perfect time to lose yourself in a stress-relieving puzzle you enjoy.
Epsom Salt With Pure Essential Oils Aromatherapy In Your Soak
With all-natural aromatherapy your epsom salt soak experience is enhanced even further. You get the soothing benefit of the epsom salt on your feet, while you breathe in the authentic aromas of natural plants. Some all-natural aromatherapy foot soak blends to try include:
- Detox Foot Soak – Detox Foot Soak is a USP epsom salt blend that features fractionated MCT coconut oil, Vitamin C crystals, Vitamin E oil, and a blend of invigorating and soothing essential oils. The essential oils in this blend include bright and zingy lemon, cool soothing peppermint, grounding frankincense, and relaxing lavender. Lemon adds to invigoration, peppermint lends a fresh cooling element, frankincense comforts, and lavender relaxes the senses while you soak.
- Circulation Foot Soak – Fractionated MCT coconut oil, USP grade epsom salts, Vitamin C crystals, and Vitamin E oil is fragranced by all-natural essential oils of ginger, cypress, eucalyptus, and lavender for a soak that is comforting throughout your entire self-care ritual experience. Ginger is warm and comforting, providing a little spice to the blend. Cypress is like a breath of fresh air, providing the same invigoration one would feel stepping into the forest. Eucalyptus provides a clean element to the soak, and lavender adds an herbaceous air of relaxation.
- Lilliuma Relaxify Foot Soak – Made with Mediterranean Sea Salt, fractionated MCT coconut oil, and Vitamin E oil, this blend features essential oils of lavender, frankincense, and chamomile. Focusing primarily on aromas known for their ability to relax, warm, comfort, and soothe, it’s an ideal blend for a relaxing at-home spa moment.