The average person takes around 3,000 to 4,000 steps per day, which equals out to about 1.5 to 2 miles. Our feet are tasked with a lot, yet we rarely give them the consideration they deserve. Setting aside some time for an at home foot spa is a good way for you to show your feet some gratitude. Better Bath Better Body is here to help you get the most out of it.
Your Home Foot Spa
A person can go to a spa or a salon and get a pedicure complete with a foot soak and spa-like experience. However, it’s much easier and more economically efficient to create your own spa experience at home. To create an at-home foot spa all you need are a great soak formulated for feet, a basin or tub, and any personal wants you wish to incorporate to really make the experience your own.
Your at home foot spa can be done using a foot bath or basin or the tub. If you’re using a foot bath or basin, fill the basin with warm water first before getting your soak ready. For every 1 gallon of water you use in your foot soak, add around 1 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite foot soak.
Before you get to the soaking, however, you might decide to incorporate other elements into your own foot spa experience. A small Bluetooth speaker that plays soothing music can make you feel like you’re spending your day in a luxury spa, while candles can set the ambiance of the room to one that is relaxing and serene. If you choose to use scented candles, keep in mind the essential oils used in your foot spa and choose a candle with light scent, no scent, or a scent that compliments.
You might decide to bring your tablet or smartphone in with you for your foot spa. While relaxing without outside media might be preferable to some, watching a favorite show or enjoying a simple game can make the experience for others.
What To Do After Your Foot Spa
A good foot soak lasts for around 20 to 30 minutes, as you don’t want to soak the skin for too long. This gives you the maximum benefit of the foot spa without too much of a good thing. Before your foot spa begins, have a soft towel at the ready for drying off your feet gently. Rather than wiping your feet dry, focus instead on softly patting dry with your towel.
After sitting in your foot spa for the 20 to 30 minutes, you might find yourself very relaxed. Getting up too quickly after your foot spa could lead to lightheadedness, so taking it easy is always best. When you’re ready to leave your foot spa, don’t rush; move slowly and enjoy the feeling of deep relaxation. The after foot soak ritual can be just as enjoyable as during the soak.
After a foot soak you may choose to keep the pampering going with a bit of a favorite lotion, a short pedicure, or soft pampering socks.
Finding The Perfect Soak
There are many foot soaks out there to suit your needs, allowing you to create the at home foot spa experience you really want:
- Detox Foot Soak – Detox Foot Soak is an invigorating at home foot spa product that gives you a feeling of refreshment, cleansing, and invigoration. If you’re feeling like you’ve overworked your feet during any given day, the Detox blend might be just what you’re looking for. USP grade epsom salts are combined with Vitamin C crystals and essential oils of lemon and peppermint for an aromatherapeutic experience that has plenty of refreshing “zing”.
- Lilliuma Tea Tree Foot Soak – During any time when your feet are spending a lot of time in shoes, the Lilliuma Tea Tree Foot Soak might be just what you’re looking for. Made from Mediterranean Sea salt and pure tea tree essential oils, this is an invigorating and refreshing soak that gives the feet the pampering they’re really yearning for.
- Lilliuma Relaxify Foot Soak – Like the rest of the body, your feet can get tense after being used for much of the day. Lilliuma’s Relaxify Foot Soak uses Mediterranean Sea salt and essential oils of lavender, frankincense, and chamomile to deliver relaxation to your feet, up your legs, and to your mind through soothing aromatherapy.
- Lilliuma Detoxify Foot Soak – Warm and refreshing, essential oils of ginger, orange, and lemon invigorate the feet in Lilliuma’s Detoxify Foot Soak. Orange and lemon help to wake up the feet, while essential oil of ginger provides that perfect warm, comforting, and cozy feeling. This blend is one that works particularly well for afternoon or morning at home foot spa experiences, although there is no wrong time for it to be enjoyed.
- Pedi Foot Soak – A simple “anytime” sort of foot soak, Pedi Foot Soak uses essential oils of eucalyptus, tea tree, chamomile, and lavender alongside pure USP grade epsom salts for a soak that goes along with any occasion. After using the Pedi Foot Soak, feet are left feeling comforted and refreshed to take you through the rest of your day and beyond.
- AncienSea Turmeric Foot Soak – AncienSea Turmeric Foot Soak uses essential oils of turmeric, peppermint, and eucalyptus alongside a blend of epsom salt, dead sea salt, and Mediterranean Sea salt to create the sort of warm and comforting experience your feet really want. Oils of peppermint and eucalyptus provide balanced and subtle cooling, while warm turmeric wraps the feet in a cozy hug of spa-like pampering.